Sunday 13 March 2011

Pillar!


For me, no birthday is complete without a caterpillar birthday cake! The tradition started way back in 2006, when Helen bought me a chocolate caterpillar cake from the supermarket. In 2007-08 I had similar cakes, but as my diet began to change (towards being a bit more healthy), 'Pillar' (as he became know) also evolved...


These days, Pillar is made from stuffed peppers with a swede face and sprout feet. Whereas the chocolate pillar used to be around for a couple of days (getting shorter and shorter), stuffed-pepper pillar tends to get finished off in one sitting!



Last year's pillar: http://hje-at-home.blogspot.com/2010/03/quite-day.html


Thank you all for the cards, books, vouchers and birthday wishes. I had a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment